I am a specialist in debt finance, with a particular focus on sports & media, green energy & cleantech, projects & infrastructure.
"Focus on the solution, not on the problem.” Jim Rohn
I like to help people raise finance or lend against assets, no matter how challenging – by having the vision to understand the right route to the solution. I also like cycling and coffee (not necessarily in that order).
The pandemic has changed the landscape and we are feeling our way out of it. These are challenging times for everyone. With over 20 years’ experience in helping clients debt finance a broad range of difficult asset classes, I realise the need to be adaptable. To understand and embrace new technologies and to help others find solutions, to see around corners.
My clients include a variety of lenders, debt funds, PE houses, investors, HNWIs, family offices and turn-around specialists. A common theme is they are entrepreneurial.
My mantra is to be personal, agile, clever, enterprising. I like to call it the Art of the Difficult. Helping you raise finance or lend against assets, no matter how challenging.
Asset classes include sports & media, green energy & cleantech, projects & infrastructure, art and other high value assets, growth capital.
When I'm not working I am a keen cyclist (especially enjoy climbing mountains!) and I am also a trustee of a charity called Trusts for African Schools.
We aim to provide clients with practical and commercial legal advice. By drawing upon our understanding of the needs of both borrowers and lenders, we are able to suggest innovative financing structures and anticipate issues in order to identify and solve problems early on.READ MORE
We provide comprehensive advisory and transactional services to our clients. Our lawyers understand the regulatory environment in which both lenders and borrowers operate and the diverse range of financing structures now available.READ MORE
We provide practical solutions in contentious and non-contentious situations involving financially distressed businesses through our corporate restructuring and insolvency group. The team advises insolvency practitioners, banks, other lending institutions, stakeholders, troubled companies, directors and individuals on a variety of corporate insolvency-related issues.READ MORE
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
Our sector experience spans a wide range of sports including motor racing, where we have advised teams and drivers in Formula 1, A1 GP, World Rally, Cart, Indy Car and Moto GP, and cricket, football, golf and cycling. We have supported clients on a range of a matters including: intellectual property, sponsorship, broadcasting & web rights, fundraising, events, and regulatory issues.READ MORE
Through our extensive relationships with law firms around the world, our clients gain access to teams of lawyers worldwide with a deep understanding of the legal issues faced by businesses in the energy and resources sectors. We have particular experience of energy-related transactions in Africa and Eastern Europe.READ MORE
- Advised Equitix on a refinancing of their Kessingland and Wern Ddu on-shore wind farms with Triodos Bank. The wind farms are part of a growing UK renewable energy grid which is helping to decarbonise the UK energy infrastructure.
- Advised a private equity house on the development financing of a UK based battery storage facility. Battery storage is key to helping renewable energy grow its share of the UK energy market.
- Advised Close Leasing on the financing of a UK top tier football club secured on receivables from the Premier League. Premier League receivables (along with deferred payments from the sale of players) are a commonly used income stream which Clubs can borrow against.
- Advised Surrey County Cricket Club in connection with the development financing of its extension of the Oval Cricket Ground including a new stand and conferencing facilities. The extension will further expand the Club’s capacity at the historic London venue.
- Advised Yoo Capital on its acquisition of a majority ownership interest in Shepherds Bush Market from U+I Group. The new joint venture will bring about regeneration to Shepherds Bush Market and the adjoining land for mixed-use development.