I advise clients on contentious and non-contentious construction law matters, including contract drafting and negotiations, defects, payment issues, variations and advice on day-to-day construction issues.
I specialise in construction disputes and have acted in both bringing and defending claims as well as assisting clients to reach a commercial resolution. I have advised clients in mediation, adjudication, litigation and arbitration proceedings. My experience includes drafting and negotiating a range of construction documents such as building contracts, appointments and collateral warranties.
I act for clients involved in all aspects of the construction industry from funders to main contractors, consultants and sub-contractors. I have provided construction advice for clients across a range of sectors including retail, sports, residential, commercial, education, infrastructure and PFI/PPP projects.
Outside of work I enjoy trying my hand at ambitious DIY projects (not always successfully).
The scale and duration of projects in this sector call for specialist expertise in drafting and negotiating contracts. Our team has extensive experience in contracts for supply, installation, construction and facilities management, appointments, collateral warranties, bonds and parent company guaranteeREAD MORE
Our clients trust us to manage and efficiently resolve their construction disputes in their best interests. Our ability to grasp detailed technical issues and market acknowledged reputation for competently handling complex construction disputes are also key strengths.READ MORE
Our large dedicated construction team provide non-contentious and contentious construction advice on domestic and international matters. We have acted for many of the leading funds and investors into the UK construction industry as well as a number of suppliers.READ MORE
We advise secondary and primary-market investors in a range of sectors, PPPs/PFI and asset-backed vehicles we advise investors and contractors on their involvement with PPPs, PFIs and asset-backed vehicles and are experienced in drafting and negotiating appropriate forms of contract (including standard forms) and associated sub-contracts. We also act for a number of investors and contractors on existing renewable energy and battery storage projects, PPPs and PFIs, including advice to investors on the acquisition of portfolios of PFI/ PPP and renewable energy generation assets.
Working closely with clients to anticipate and deal with their business risks and objectives, we utilise the skills of a team of lawyers who are experienced in all types of dispute resolution. Our multi-national, bi-lingual team enables us to service clients wherever they are in the world while achieving the best results for their business.READ MORE
- Representing PFIs in arbitrations arising out of fire stopping defects across a large portfolio of education facilities.
- Acted for a large household retailer on all of its construction documents for its stores, regional distribution centres and head office.
- Advised a sub-contractor on multiple adjudications relating to payment disputes on an ongoing project which was being carried out airside at an international airport.
- Continuing to represent a developer on a large residential development on issues arising out of cladding following the insolvency of the cladding sub-contractor.
- Representing a trade contractor in the Technology and Construction Court on a large mixed use development on the interpretation of the liquidated damages provisions.