For businesses in almost every sector, regulatory and compliance obligations have never been more demanding.
Even businesses operating in a non-regulated sector may still be the subject of requirements relating to anti-money laundering and bribery regulations, health and safety policies and measures to combat financial crime.
With firm-wide experience in contentious and non-contentious regulatory and compliance matters, we are well placed to advise and assist a wide range of clients.
We also have experience advising professional regulators on policy and other matters.
We can help with:
- Establishing an investment or other regulated business in the UK
- Advising on the regulatory requirements with which businesses must comply
- Preparing a suitable data protection, anti-money laundering and/or other compliance policy
- Advising on how best to conduct an internal investigation following a suspected breach of regulatory or compliance requirements, or providing representation at such an investigation
- Representation before the FCA or PRA, or in cases brought by other prosecuting authorities (such as the SFO, HSE or HMRC)
Our strength in regulatory and governance work is linked to the breadth of expertise and experience offered by our wider firm, particularly in areas such as employment, corporate, intellectual property, insolvency and financial services. We also have specialists who can advise on sensitive criminal matters, including matters under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
For legal updates and news, please visit the Fladgate Dispute Resolution Hub