I am a senior associate in the construction department at Fladgate. I specialise in general construction including transactional and contentious matters.
I trained and qualified as a solicitor in Fladgate's construction team in March 2014.
I act for a wide variety of clients including developers, contractors, funders and private clients in preparing and negotiating construction documentation and construction disputes, including adjudications and international arbitrations. I have worked on a number of PFI projects, including their acquisition, variation, and termination, and have acted on disputes arising out of PFI contracts.
Acting on both transactional matters and contentious matters gives me a broad overview of construction issues and permits me to be forward thinking, anticipate problems before they arise, and propose suitable and commercial solutions.
The scale and duration of projects in this sector call for specialist expertise in drafting and negotiating contracts. Our team has extensive experience in contracts for supply, installation, construction and facilities management, appointments, collateral warranties, bonds and parent company guaranteeREAD MORE
Our clients trust us to manage and efficiently resolve their construction disputes in their best interests. Our ability to grasp detailed technical issues and market acknowledged reputation for competently handling complex construction disputes are also key strengths.READ MORE
Working closely with clients to anticipate and deal with their business risks and objectives, we utilise the skills of a team of lawyers who are experienced in all types of dispute resolution. Our multi-national, bi-lingual team enables us to service clients wherever they are in the world while achieving the best results for their business.READ MORE
Through our extensive relationships with law firms around the world, our clients gain access to teams of lawyers worldwide with a deep understanding of the legal issues faced by businesses in the energy and resources sectors. We have particular experience of energy-related transactions in Africa and Eastern Europe.READ MORE
We advise secondary and primary-market investors in a range of sectors, PPPs/PFI and asset-backed vehicles we advise investors and contractors on their involvement with PPPs, PFIs and asset-backed vehicles and are experienced in drafting and negotiating appropriate forms of contract (including standard forms) and associated sub-contracts. We also act for a number of investors and contractors on existing renewable energy and battery storage projects, PPPs and PFIs, including advice to investors on the acquisition of portfolios of PFI/ PPP and renewable energy generation assets.
Our large dedicated construction team provide non-contentious and contentious construction advice on domestic and international matters. We have acted for many of the leading funds and investors into the UK construction industry as well as a number of suppliers.READ MORE
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
- Representing a trade contractor in the Technology and Construction Court on a large mixed use development on liquidated damages and the implications of the employer taking partial possession.
- Advised leading residential developer Strawberry Star on a £75 million funding from Cheyne Capital for its mixed-use development, Lu2on. This included the preparation and negotiation of construction documents for the development and satisfying all construction deliverables.
- Advised Hardwicke Chambers on the letting and fit-out of the newly redeveloped One Gray’s Inn, WC1.
- Acted for The Random House Group on the fit-out of its new tenancy at One Embassy Gardens, comprising offices for Penguin Random House. One Embassy Gardens will form part of the central London office for Penguin Random House, one of the world’s leading publishing houses.
- Representing a leading international contractor in five LCIA arbitrations arising out of the refurbishment of one of the largest oil refineries in North Africa.