I am a specialist in development, and bespoke transactions and financings involving real estate.
I am passionate about all things real estate, especially the impact on real estate investment, development and financing brought about by our changing world. I led the Fladgate Brownfield campaign to promote the opportunities for clients presented by brownfield redevelopment.
My experience covers all areas of UK real estate (investment, development, landlord and tenant, financing, alternative asset classes, corporate real estate needs) but my niche is dealing with the bespoke and the complex. Drawing on the skill and support of our tight knit team at Fladgate spanning all specialisations needed to support complex real estate transactions, I really add value for my clients by delivering their transactions in an agile and efficient manner. My aim is to produce clever, commercial and practical solutions that cut through the issues quickly. My priority is providing my clients with a highly personal service to meet their specific business needs and anticipating their future requirements.
I act for a number of developers creating bespoke solutions to assist them in maximising value from their assets and promoting efficiency of process. I have significant experience acting for lenders, especially alternative funders and private banks, working with their teams to support them in delivering the highest possible service to their clients by creating solutions which mitigate and quantify lender risk to enable deals to proceed at speed.
I am a keen supporter of diversity in the workplace and am a member of the Cityparents hosting committee. My world outside of the office revolves around my family and raising my children to be bold in their outlook and always try new experiences. As a former dancer I also love to listen to classical music and go to the theatre as much as I can.
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
Our real estate investment practice includes a formidable depth of experience advising on investment opportunities in the real estate sector, including sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, tax arrangements, an array of financial work and lettings. We work closely with teams throughout the firm to provide comprehensive and commercially-focused advice on complex investment work for domestic and cross-border clients.
An experienced team with a pedigree of advising across the life cycle of major development and redevelopments from financing, purchase, planning and construction through to lettings and disposal.READ MORE
Our real estate finance team is part of a cross-departmental group of lawyers with wide-ranging experience of working with UK and overseas banks and specialist non-bank lenders, together with investors and developers.READ MORE
The cross-firm team provides the range of legal services required by clients across the industry spectrum, from biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices companies to institutions or organisations that are involved in the research, development and sale of medicines, medical devices or nutritional products.READ MORE
Through our extensive relationships with law firms around the world, our clients gain access to teams of lawyers worldwide with a deep understanding of the legal issues faced by businesses in the energy and resources sectors. We have particular experience of energy-related transactions in Africa and Eastern Europe.READ MORE
A large and dedicated real estate team providing a full service to clients operating in the sector. The expertise of our lawyers means we can handle all level of transactions from asset management through to the most complex matters while clients benefit from the efficiency a one-stop-shop can provide.
- Acting for an entrepreneurial developer on the forward funding of office towers being converted to residential use and construction of additional penthouses floors. This involved creating a legal structure based on airspace to enable funding of development works prior to a more tangible property asset at upper floor levels being constructed.
- Acting for a private wealth investment platform creating a bespoke solution to register overage arrangements against a London trophy asset as an alternative to taking more traditional security. This enabled the client to proceed quickly by thinking laterally about the options available to produce the necessary commercial effect.
- Acting for Urban Logistics REIT on the acquisition of a number of portfolio industrial property acquisitions. I supported the client in feeding into their very thorough asset analysis whilst creating processes to enable information to be easily reviewed and concerns flagged and dealt with early on.
- Acting for an alternative lender on a £32m pre development bridging loan of a key housing development site in Swindon with a GDV of £800m. Working with the borrower’s solicitors I was able to quantify the risk of a title concern and reduce the level of indemnity cover required to mitigate that risk from a premium cost to the borrower of £100k to £7k.
- Acting for an alternative funder on the development financing of two student housing developments. Examining the borrower’s tax structuring of its wider development I was able to spot property structuring issues that the borrower needed to rectify and address helping the borrower achieve a more saleable asset as part of its development exit.