I specialise in real estate development and finance, investment work and corporate occupiers.
I am here to help clients find solutions to their problems and to deliver their transactions. My approach is to look for pragmatic answers and to implement them with as little complication as possible.
Clients need a calm and reassuring helping hand as they engage in deals which can be very stressful for them. I collaborate with lawyers across the firm to provide this and deliver inventive and practical solutions.
Away from work I love all forms of exercise, I am a keen bridge player and am an avid supporter of Leeds United.
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
An experienced team with a pedigree of advising across the life cycle of major development and redevelopments from financing, purchase, planning and construction through to lettings and disposal.READ MORE
Our real estate investment practice includes a formidable depth of experience advising on investment opportunities in the real estate sector, including sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, tax arrangements, an array of financial work and lettings. We work closely with teams throughout the firm to provide comprehensive and commercially-focused advice on complex investment work for domestic and cross-border clients.
Our real estate finance team is part of a cross-departmental group of lawyers with wide-ranging experience of working with UK and overseas banks and specialist non-bank lenders, together with investors and developers.READ MORE
Our real estate occupiers team advise on the full range of tenant work, ranging from a start-up business’s first office through to major head office moves. They represent major office occupiers, professional businesses, hoteliers, restaurateurs and retailers, often with national portfolios, in their occupation requirements.READ MORE
A large and dedicated real estate team providing a full service to clients operating in the sector. The expertise of our lawyers means we can handle all level of transactions from asset management through to the most complex matters while clients benefit from the efficiency a one-stop-shop can provide.
- Acting for Weston Homes on their proposed purchase and development of Anglia Square Norwich to create a new residential scheme of 1,300 units in a deal with Columbia Threadneedle.
- Acting for Turner Broadcasting on their HQ move from the West End to a newly refurbished building at 160 Old Street. Turner are the primary tenant taking over 215,000 square feet, including new studio facilities for CNN.
- Acting for Urban Logistics REIT on their acquisition programme following investor fundraising; purchase of well let commercial and logistics assets nationwide. Also acting for the REIT in financing those assets.
- Acting for Blackstone Chambers on their deal with the Middle Temple to refurbish Garden Court and Blackstone House to provide new accommodation for these barristers.
- Acting for private banks (Bank of Singapore, J P Morgan) on their loans to clients secured on high value properties in London and around the country.