I specialise in all aspects of commercial real estate work, particularly in acquisition and disposal work, both freehold and leasehold, primarily in relation to the retail and leisure sectors and with general landlord and tenant matters. My additional areas of expertise include investment, secured lending, telecoms, development and portfolio management.
I am very passionate about real estate and the wider property market and have always enjoyed working collaboratively and positively with my clients, colleagues together with the other side and their professional team to ensure a positive outcome for everybody. The beauty and satisfaction of a property transaction is that in the main it is non-confrontational and both parties therefore have similar objectives to achieve a desired result with which they are both happy.
I also really enjoy the fact that I operate in such a fast moving and ever changing sector and have the opportunity to regularly help my clients to get their real estate deals done. I find it immensely satisfying on deals to be able to regularly see the buildings that formed part of those transactions as there is no doubt that this gives you a real personal connection to those properties.
I act for clients ranging from family offices, private banks, entrepreneurs, private investors (both onshore and offshore) and quoted companies to leading operators in the retail and leisure sectors .
I have always had a real interest in the leisure market whether it be restaurants, gyms, bowling alleys, cinemas or casinos and am a member and director of the Leisure Property Forum which is the leading industry body.
Outside of the office I am a keen cyclist and tennis player and a member of the annual Norwood Property lunch charity committee.
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
Our real estate investment practice includes a formidable depth of experience advising on investment opportunities in the real estate sector, including sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, tax arrangements, an array of financial work and lettings. We work closely with teams throughout the firm to provide comprehensive and commercially-focused advice on complex investment work for domestic and cross-border clients.
The leisure sector is experiencing a period of accelerated change and expansion in response to new technologies and changing consumer behaviours. Drawing on the expertise of our diverse firm, our team provides advice on a wide range of legal and business challenges.READ MORE
Our lawyers don’t just advise on the law, but help our clients with the commercial implications of legal decisions. Our team focusses on the practicalities of retailing, whether through a busy store or shopping centre, or using e-tail channels.READ MORE
The betting and gaming sector has rapidly expanded and evolved in recent years as ‘re-regulation’, new technologies, and changing behaviour have fostered innovation and adaptation on all fronts. We’re experienced in advising clients on this rapidly evolving regulatory environment.READ MORE
Our real estate occupiers team advise on the full range of tenant work, ranging from a start-up business’s first office through to major head office moves. They represent major office occupiers, professional businesses, hoteliers, restaurateurs and retailers, often with national portfolios, in their occupation requirements.READ MORE
A large and dedicated real estate team providing a full service to clients operating in the sector. The expertise of our lawyers means we can handle all level of transactions from asset management through to the most complex matters while clients benefit from the efficiency a one-stop-shop can provide.
- Advising J. P. Morgan International Bank Limited and Credit Suisse (UK) Limited, on their secured lending transactions covering both commercial and residential property, primarily in central London.
- Advising Otium Real Estate on the purchase of the 96,163 sq ft Robin Leisure Park Wigan for £12.48m. The team also advised on the re-letting of the ex-Buzz Bingo unit on the leisure park. Otium re-let the 25,353 sq ft unit on a new 15 year lease to Club 3000 Bingo, the 3rd largest operator in the UK which has 20 bingo clubs.
- Advising Aspers Casinos on deeds of variation, reversionary leases and side-arrangements with their landlords to put Aspers on the right footing for a post-pandemic world. These were all major assets with large institutional landlords. Premises include Westfield Stratford, Milton Keynes, Northampton and Newcastle.
- Advising Beaverbrooks on all of its property work. Recent highlights comprise acquiring a number of sites including sites in the Metrocentre and Highcross Leicester. The team also advised on the acquisition of two Fraser Hart boutiques from The Anthony Nicholas Group in Croydon and Milton Keynes.
- Advising a new client, Vitra Limited, and their Swiss parent Vitra International AG, a Swiss international furniture retailer on the acquisition of offices and a furniture showroom by way of a 10 year lease at £400k pa at the Tramshed, EC2A.