I specialise in a range of commercial property work for clients based in the UK and also overseas. The matters I handle for clients include investments, developments, finance and co-ventures.
To paraphrase from Legal 500 2021; I am regarded as a “superb lawyer”. What makes me stand out within the industry is my highly commercial and entrepreneurial approach both to legal advice and to relationships. From a deal point of view, it is my creative approach that helps navigate through tricky roadblocks. From a relationship point of view, I will see potential business connections between clients and contacts and make them happen.
This brings an enormous amount of additional value to clients and, I think, colleagues.
I have worked in the world of real estate for over 35 years. My clients are based in the UK as well as overseas. Some are private families (or individuals) and others are institutions. They carry-out a range of transactions – commercial and residential; development and investment; lenders and borrowers; short-term and long term strategies; principals and their investors.
I understand my clients and their objectives and make myself available to my clients to talk about and guide them through the issues and opportunities that arise.
I am a very proud husband and dad. My father, a solicitor, was in practice from the 1950’s until 2001 and was probably the pre-eminent drugs lawyer in London in the 1960’s. I learnt from him and from my wife the importance of relationships; both with colleagues and with clients (and potential clients). These are the very core of my professional being.
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
Our real estate investment practice includes a formidable depth of experience advising on investment opportunities in the real estate sector, including sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, tax arrangements, an array of financial work and lettings. We work closely with teams throughout the firm to provide comprehensive and commercially-focused advice on complex investment work for domestic and cross-border clients.
Our real estate finance team is part of a cross-departmental group of lawyers with wide-ranging experience of working with UK and overseas banks and specialist non-bank lenders, together with investors and developers.READ MORE
An experienced team with a pedigree of advising across the life cycle of major development and redevelopments from financing, purchase, planning and construction through to lettings and disposal.READ MORE
A large and dedicated real estate team providing a full service to clients operating in the sector. The expertise of our lawyers means we can handle all level of transactions from asset management through to the most complex matters while clients benefit from the efficiency a one-stop-shop can provide.
- Representing a Fund in relation to three development sites in London – Notting Hill Gate, Buckingham Palace and Chancery Lane areas. Dealing with purchases (asset - building lease - and corporate), financings, construction, disputes and sales. Also introduced to the lender for the development of one of the sites.
- Representing a London-based commercial bank in relation to multiple transactions: development and investment, residential and commercial. Also introducing clients to that bank and acting for the borrower clients on multiple transactions with that bank.
- Acquisition of regional shopping centre (long leasehold) and financing of the transaction. Subsequently, dealing with the asset management at the centre (new and restructured lettings and disputes with tenants) as well as major construction projects and the buy-in of the freehold.
- Acquisition of various development projects, in and around London for private long-standing clients. Working with the clients through their planning processes, dealing with disputes, input in relation to construction documentation, financings and refinancings (including introductions to senior debt providers) and acting on sales of some of the sites.
- Introduction of a major bank to a HNW family for the £40m refinance of a mixed-use investment City fringe property. Acting for the same group in relation to financings of other properties in its portfolio. Sale (subject to planning) of residential development site with multi-tiered overage arrangement.