Fladgate has a substantial international private client practice. Much of our advice focuses on the creation of suitable asset holding structures involving trusts, foundations and companies based in the offshore financial centres and also making the optimum use of onshore jurisdictions for tax treaty planning and other reasons.
In providing a comprehensive international service we draw on an extensive network of overseas lawyers, accountants and other advisers, and have developed close relationships with private banks, trust companies and other service providers from the world’s leading financial centres.
We have wide-ranging experience in managing cross-border matters and ensuring that advice from multiple jurisdictions can be integrated effectively into the delivery of the overall plan for our clients.
Areas on which we advise include:
- Creation and structuring of offshore and onshore trusts, companies, foundations and investment funds
- Effective use of trusts and other structures to preserve and transmit the family wealth
- Acquisition and disposal of real estate, portfolio investments, and businesses of international clients
- Multi-jurisdictional tax and estate planning
- Philanthropy, both domestic and international
For legal updates and news, please visit The Wealth Lawyer blog