Fladgate’s construction law team provides clients on all sides of the construction sector with specialist expertise on all aspects of construction projects.
This breadth of understanding of the industry gives us a distinct edge in negotiations and enables us to secure maximum value and advantage for our clients. We recognise that while many projects are similar, they are rarely the same, so as well as working with the major standard forms of contract, we are adept at developing bespoke documentation for construction, engineering, processing, transportation and supply.
Our services include:
- Drafting and negotiating all kinds of construction contracts
- Drafting and negotiating appointments and ancillary documents
- Advising on issues arising during the course of the works
- Resolving disputes by adjudication, mediation, arbitration or litigation
In addition, our dedicated Building Information Modelling (BIM) team advises on the legal issues associated with the contractual framework for incorporating BIM; manager and other roles; intellectual property rights and data management; BIM risk and liabilities; and model ownership.
Our construction lawyers have dealt with a wide range of projects, including:
- Leisure parks
- Transport facilities
- Residential developments
- Theatres and art galleries
- Non-food retail parks
- Process plant (waste to energy and others)
- Nuclear power stations
- Wind farms
- Waste disposal and sewage treatment
- Oil pipelines
- Specialist facilities
- Factories and offices
- PPP projects
- Overseas projects
For Brexit-related legal updates and news, please visit Fladgate’s Brexit Briefing Blog