Globalisation and the growth of the digital economy have brought the significance of intellectual property (IP) into the spotlight like never before.
We help our clients to protect, preserve and enforce their IP rights and advise them on exploiting their assets for the benefit of their businesses. From litigation against patent trolls to software copyright analysis and licensing, our IP lawyers help our clients to maximise the value of their IP, both in the UK and internationally.
We advise clients from a range of sectors, including publishers, technology houses and manufacturing, as well as local authorities, consultants and a number of high-profile sports personalities.
Our experience in IP law and procedure includes:
- Copyright – advising on licensing, protection options, effective exercise/exploitation of copyright and provision of content. Our work has included media copyright, such as entertainment material and technical copyright, such as computer software
- Confidential information/secrets – advising clients on including appropriate contract terms to protect confidentiality, stand-alone non-disclosure agreements for individual projects and the practicalities of know-how protection
- Designs and patents – advising clients on protecting innovation and options for registration of their rights with the necessary authorities
- Trade marks and brands – advising clients on brand protection and managing client trade mark registrations and portfolios, as well as enforcement of branding rights, including comparative advertising and domain name issues
- Image rights
- Corporate transactions – working closely with our corporate teams on transactions where IP rights are affected, including appropriate due diligence investigations
For legal updates and news, please visit the Fladgate Dispute Resolution Hub.